Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 9 / Thing 23: Copyright, Creative Commons & Congratulations

I loved the fair(y) use tale. Very creative. Wonder if the creator got permission! I've also explored creative commons before and need to spend more time there so I can steer teachers and students that direction.

Final Comments:
I feel like I've been on an internet marathon and instead of having tired legs, my brain is a little strained. I'm looking forward to sharing and exploring the use of these tools with students and teachers. Thanks Ann and Katie for making this class available to us.

What Worked
I liked the blog format. It was a good way to make comments as I explored. Often I had several tabs open at once and navigated between them looking at a tool, writing my blog, reading other participants' blogs all at once. I think the choices of "Things" was a nice mix and though I'd heard of or even played with some of them, it was good to take more time with those and fun to learn about those that were new to me.

I really liked reading other participants' post and seeing where their explorations led them. I often discovered something cool this way that I hadn't found on my own. I'm also looking forward to spending more time reading some of the curriculum suggestions on the wiki. I think this class has great possibilities for building connections.

Suggestions
Maybe we can create a place on the wiki and encourage participants to write about how we are using these tools in our schools. I want to know how others are applying web 2.0 in their libraries and classrooms so I can steal ('er borrow) ideas.
It would be nice to continue the collaborative, creative communication.

2 comments:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Suzanne

Thanks for being willing to plunge into the deep end with Katie and I on this online Professional Development. I appreciate your thoughtful comments and participation.

I will add a page to the wiki for people to comment on the things that they actually tried out and how they went. I think that is a great idea.

Ann

Katie said...

Suzanne,
Think about continuing to use this blog and adding things like the Jamie McKenzie link you sent me so others are exposed to what you've discovered as well.

http://fno.org/sum08/synergy.html

I thought it was very interesting and timely to this class!

Katie