Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week 3/ Thing 5: Flowers on Flattop

Flowers on Flattop
Flowers on Flattop,
originally uploaded by eteela.
OK, I found a photo on flickr, in the creative commons section so I don't have to worry about copyright. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/
I like that you can choose the type of license. I look forward to showing this to students & teachers.
I picked this photo because Wendy and I hiked part of Flattop (Blueberry Hill) on Monday and across from FT on Wednesday. We were so excited to see a few, small, brave wildflowers. It's been a cold, slow spring. The hiking was great, and yesterday we slid down a snow chute. Made me feel almost young again. Tee Hee. I'm posting in green in hopes that we will soon see more green on the mountains.
I figured out how to post to this blog straight from flickr. That's very nice and easy.
By the way, I also finally figured out that if you want to edit one of your entries, you click on new post and then edit posts.
I'll still look around flickr, but it overwhelms me so far. I guess I don't really get the point unless you are looking for a specific image.


1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I admit that I don't get the Flickr thing either, except maybe playing with some of the cool tools on Big Huge Labs, but our kids get it and many use it. I am distressed to find myself not as flexible in my thinking as I would like to be. I don't want to turn into an old fogy who won't try anything new or poo-poos it just because I can't see the point right away. So part of doing this class for me is a brain stretch:-)

Ann