Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 5 / Thing 11 Ning and Play

I've already joined several nings including Teacher Librarian Network, ASD Librarians, Alaska School Libraries. I've even started one for Dimond library, but haven't really done much with it. I haven't quite figured out the differences in blogs, wikis and nings as to how I would use them. So far wikis have been more useful to me than a ning, but I'm open to suggestions. I've been playing with Web 2.0 for about a year now and I find I've joined lots of these and am just dabbling, not really using any to their full potential. But I guess that's sort of what librarians do: provide information and resources so that our patrons can then choose how to use them.

My travel IQ stinks! I need remediation.

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I think that what I have decided about NINGs is that the participation relies on how important the topics are to the participants. The one on our NING about the length of call numbers got pages of comment.

Ann